Disclaimer: All off-site recipes linked to may not be mine, but I have personally tested and enjoyed the recipes myself. Some my husband even likes.
After a month of “maternity leave” from the website, I’m back and with all sorts of new content for you guys. Keep an eye out for baby DIY projects, more freezer meals and breastfeeding-friendly recipes.
Speaking of breastfeeding recipes – we discovered in the first two weeks that my little Pudge is highly allergic to dairy. So I have had to remove dairy from my diet for the foreseeable future so that I can continue to provide him with the best nutrition.
And while I have a history of this lifestyle – I was actually vegan for four years – the transition to just dairy free is extremely easy. You probably already eat quite a few foods that meet the requirement and others that can be converted with little to no effort.
For a little inspiration and community support to all ya’ll lacto-avoiders out there, here’s my top 20 favorite dairy free recipes.
- Pot Roast
- Roast chicken
- Spaghetti (omit the cheese) and serve with garlic bread
- Burritos (wrap it in a tortilla or eat as is)
- Chicken pesto pasta (omit cheese and replace cream with chicken broth)
- Tuna salad sandwich
- Stir fry over rice
- Tropical Chia Pudding
- White chicken chilli
- Quinoa fruit salad
- Bratwurst and potatoes (normal people eat this for breakfast, too, right?)
- Brown sugar oatmeal (sub the butter for coconut oil or bacon grease and the milk with a dairy free version)
- Hashbrowns and eggs (and maybe more bacon)
Dessert and Snack Recipes
- Stupid-easy peanut butter cookies
- Mug cakes (Just sub out the milk for your non-dairy preferrence)
- Maple pecan granola
- Roasted Hickpeas (these seriously taste like cornnuts guys!!)
What are your favorite dairy free recipes? Comment below!